Hi Newbie Here (:

Introduce Yourself
Forum rules
Please be kind and respectful to one another. If you are new here, you may leave an introduction in here. If you want to start a topic or join in any discussion, please use the appropriate forum.

Topics: 1  Posts: 5  Joined: Feb 19, 2011

Hi Newbie Here (:

Postby SwtDrmz » February 19th, 2011, 10:26 pm

Hello! My Name Is Jenyfer... I'm 25years old, well next month i will be.. from ontario,canada

i was 16 yrs old when i first read this story, and has stuck with me since... she was such a beautiful girl,
who probably had beautiful dreams for herself, and a loving sister too.. [from what i read and saw on movie]
but to this day her story has stuck with me, its a very heartbreaking thing to endure especially reading it, i remember crying
so hard that night thinking of her, and what she had gone through... my mother had to have a talk with me, the problem with me
is even if you do not know the person, there stories can effect you, and it did... my heart was broken for awhile, i guess you could say i have
a heart to big for me to handle... but i pray that this site, helps others with child abuse and whatever horrible things that come there way
and to her family and friends, and those who use this site as help and source of way to talk about things...
than all my love and prayers are forever within you... i am so sorry for your loss... through generations and generations... my love and prayers are with you
forever and for always... (: R.I.P Sylvia, and live the happiest dreams through the stars and clouds.. for your love shines upon us all!

Sincerely;
And all my love

Jenyfer

Topics: 9  Posts: 405  Images: 1  Joined: Oct 09, 2010

Re: Hi Newbie Here (:

Postby aliveNChristgal220 » February 19th, 2011, 10:36 pm

Welcome SwtDrmz! Great to have you here!

Postby SwtDrmz » February 19th, 2011, 10:49 pm

Miigwetch [Thank You - Native Ojibwe Language] For Having Me..
Just got done watching An AmericaN Crime the other day,
I actually collect True Crime movies and books..
So I kinda got mad at my Uncle for losing my movie about Sylvia.. LOL
he didnt mean it, but still.. i spent good money for it..

Although, and i dont mean no disrespect, I am glad that they left out alot of details
on the movie, My parents hearts were broken, and it was sad to hear them cry..
But i thought if they had mentioned everything in that movie, it would be as bad
as Passion of the Christ, where everyone wanted to see it, but couldnt handle it.
Plus, if people are interested they should read it first before watching it..
The things she had gone through, are so horrible, to even imagine..
so tearful, and heartbreaking... i lost track of the date time and where i was at the time i was reading
no one around me made sense to me, i just thought of that beautiful little girl, and how strong she was to hang on for her sister.

I really hope that this site help those who suffer from child abuse.. no one in this world should endure such things,
adult, child.. senior... animals.. we are all god's children and creatures... and this isnt the life he asked of us when and if someone is
abused.. we are suppose to love one another, and be pleasant and kind... some people get lost, but all we can do is pray they find there ways..
and Sylvia.. is a kind person, she is an example of happiness selflessness and strong... (:
her story is remarkable. and i mention it to people, and get there inputs... and now coming across your site.. i will recommended it (:

Topics: 32  Posts: 589  Images: 2  Joined: Jan 01, 2011

Postby Harlequin » February 20th, 2011, 12:12 pm

Welcome.

Topics: 10  Posts: 469  Joined: Jan 28, 2011
Gender: Gentleman  Age: 55  Country: United States (us)  Location: Wenatchee, WA

Postby lancaster9 » February 21st, 2011, 11:10 am

Welcome SwtDrmz! I agree that one should read up on this case before watching AAC, sort of a preliminary "shock treatment". I read that one of the reasons they toned down the movie was just to be able to get the actors and actresses to do it. The actress who played Gertrude didn't want to do it after reading about the actual case, she was THAT shocked. I haven't seen it yet, but it is on my "to watch" list. Again, welcome.

Topics: 16  Posts: 241  Images: 1  Joined: Feb 11, 2011
Gender: Lady  Age: 27  Country: United States (us)  Location: Texas

Postby mandersdawn » February 21st, 2011, 6:22 pm

Welcome Jenyfer! Sylvia has touched so many lives. I'm so glad to have you here! :-)

Topics: 40  Posts: 522  Images: 18  Joined: Aug 21, 2010
Gender: Gentleman  Age: 50  Country: United States (us)  Location: Springfield, Il.

Postby Fungi » February 22nd, 2011, 10:12 am

Hello Jenyfer, and Welcome!

Postby SwtDrmz » March 6th, 2011, 7:35 pm

thank you all (:
sorry i have not been on here in awhile, i try and make it in every now and then!
i've been so busy with planning my wedding planning..

and yes AAC did leave out alot, and im glad that they did, to us young guys its ok for us to watch and realize what is going on.
but to an older folk, it'll be a little hard, and there are things you hafta worry about with them, can theyre hearts handle it.
i remember when i saw passion of the christ, my uncle asked if my gramma would be able to handle it, and my first thought was
"NOOOOOO!!" i cried so hard from beginning til i made it through my front door...

And Sylvia's story, when you read it, it chokes you up.. you get the watery eyes, your heart is pounding and pounding..
almost feels like you could have a heart attack, just from the pain and sorrow you feel so much for this little girl..
now imagine an older person reading it, or watching it..

i know when i first saw the movie, i knew they left stuff out... ALOT.
im just glad i read the story instead.. and i only read it once, and it has stuck with me since i was 16..
thats something you would never forget.. & to be honest, i am glad.. bcauz this story actual opens your eyes..
and it did with me as a young mother, i am sooo cautious on who i let watch my children, even if family..
and she is the reason why... you never know a person, until you've REALLY known them.

Topics: 40  Posts: 522  Images: 18  Joined: Aug 21, 2010
Gender: Gentleman  Age: 50  Country: United States (us)  Location: Springfield, Il.

Postby Fungi » March 6th, 2011, 8:32 pm

Congratulations on your wedding, Jenyfer.
But as soon as you are happily married, make sure that you post more often.

Cus we don't like slackers around these parts ... :D

Postby SwtDrmz » March 6th, 2011, 9:14 pm

Chi-Miigwetch [Thank You Very Much]
And yes, I will be back... i can promise you that!
im still here too, just going through the transcripts and such.. i never got to finish reading all of them,
usually when my kids yell for me... im bouncing around here like crazy
but tonight "Finding Nemo" is babysitting for me lol... just for me to have a little break..
thank the lord of Disney Movies lol..

Topics: 7  Posts: 54  Joined: Jan 07, 2013

Postby Brittney » February 3rd, 2013, 7:32 pm

Hai Jenyfer. Welcome.

Return to Welcome