Ricky Hobbs' lying ass

Main Posting Area
Forum rules
Please be kind and respectful to one another, the memory of Sylvia, and her family.
We know that what happened to Sylvia can stir up peoples emotions, but please try to refrain from using foul language. Young people do read these forums.

Re: Ricky Hobbs' lying ass

Postby Guest » November 11th, 2011, 10:46 am

charlie4455 wrote:
Guest wrote:That is interesting. Every account I have read says that the lung cancer was brought on by a regimen of heavy chain smoking and a refusal to seek medical help until it was too late. I am not challenging you, but what is your source?

This is info from his death Certificate. James Minor MD. filled it out from St. Vincent Hospital in Indianapolis. This is where Ricky died. Then he was cremated @ Dorsey-Feeney Mortuary.

Do you have a copy of the death certificate, or know where one is available?

Topics: 71  Posts: 1024  Images: 244  Joined: Mar 06, 2011
Gender: Gentleman  Age: 55  Country: United States (us)  Location: indianapois ind.

Postby mrdg1 » November 11th, 2011, 5:10 pm

Guest wrote:
charlie4455 wrote:
Guest wrote:That is interesting. Every account I have read says that the lung cancer was brought on by a regimen of heavy chain smoking and a refusal to seek medical help until it was too late. I am not challenging you, but what is your source?

This is info from his death Certificate. James Minor MD. filled it out from St. Vincent Hospital in Indianapolis. This is where Ricky died. Then he was cremated @ Dorsey-Feeney Mortuary.

Do you have a copy of the death certificate, or know where one is available?

since hobbs died in indianapolis, you can get a copy of his death certificate from the marion county board of health 3808 n rural st. i also think you can go online at indy vital stats.com. they're usually a 15 dollar charge. hopefully this will help your search.

Topics: 28  Posts: 531  Joined: Jan 28, 2011
Gender: Lady  Age: 49  Country: United States (us)  Location: DFW Area

Postby Sharon Rose Black » November 12th, 2011, 9:48 pm

Both interviews gave me the creeps. Ricky talking so casually about what he did to Sylvia, and Gertrude would have served herself better if she hadn't said anything.

I truly feel for Denny, and I have a bit of sympathy for Marie. At least she broke down on the stand and confessed, and as young as she was I do feel she did what she could to block everything out of her mind. John at least had the integrity to own up to his involvement and did everything he could to try to atone and turn his life around, and I feel this was genuine. Paula seems to do little more than feel sorry for herself, and Stephanie's version of the story is so skewed that I find it difficult to find any truth in it.

If the others had followed John's example, I think people would have had a little more closure. But as things are, they don't.

It isn't for me to say whether or not I feel anybody deserves to burn in hell. However, I know that most of the people involved have had to deal with a lot of crap in their lives, and with the exception of Denny I feel what comes around goes around.
"The wheels of Justice grind very slowly, but they grind very fine."
~Bertha Viola Downer (my grandmother)

Topics: 32  Posts: 589  Images: 2  Joined: Jan 01, 2011

Postby Harlequin » November 13th, 2011, 12:46 pm

Sharon Rose Black wrote:However, I know that most of the people involved have had to deal with a lot of crap in their lives.

Compared to what Sylvia suffered through, they've had it pretty easy.

Topics: 19  Posts: 994  Joined: Aug 30, 2010

Postby Chester Arthur » November 13th, 2011, 2:41 pm

Sharon Rose Black wrote:I truly feel for Denny, and I have a bit of sympathy for Marie.

Yes Denny was the only one who didn't deserve the crap he endured in foster care (though he's lucky that he found a supporting wife). But Marie has sort of become another Stephanie with some of the things she's said. I seem to recall that she said that the transcripts and articles written about this case blew this case all out of proportion. A girl was tortured and died; it's very hard to exaggerate that fact. This may make me sound heartless but when I read comments like that, it makes it very hard for me to feel sorry for any hardships these kids endured later in their lives.
My heart will always cherish
that cheerful happy sound
and my love will never perish
for my faithful basset hound!

Ivy Rose

Postby Ivy Rose » November 13th, 2011, 8:15 pm

Absolutely right Chester...how can what happened to Sylvia be blown out of proportion when the pictures and coroner's back up the fact that the poor girl had over 100 cigarette burns on our body, skin peeling as a result of scalding water, branded twice, multiple contusions, as well as, severe head trauma from vicious beatings to the head....AND the poor girl chewed her lips in half most likely because of the severe pain she was going through especially through the branding when that scumbag Ricky Hobbs would punch her if she flinched......damn I get so upset with this case, everyone but Sylvia, Jenny and baby Denny make me sick to my stomach....thanks for this board, it is great to be able to vent with others who know the horrors of this case and wish that justice had been served.

Topics: 71  Posts: 1024  Images: 244  Joined: Mar 06, 2011
Gender: Gentleman  Age: 55  Country: United States (us)  Location: indianapois ind.

Postby mrdg1 » November 13th, 2011, 11:54 pm

the one incident about hobbs i find totally bizzare is, after sylvia died he hung around the house. even when the coroner arrived a hour later he was hovering (with gertrude) over sylvia's body.his response, i'm a neighbor and friend of gerty's. this suggest he was there in support of gertrude.what went through hobb's mind when the coroner saw sylvia's abdomen with those vile words carved in her skin? probally nothing. however he was focused enough to talk about his so called heroic efforts to revive sylvia and distance himself from any criminal activity.this is so disgusting, i can see hobbs now, nodding his head yes as gertrude was spitting out her lame story to the coroner. the reality of the situation didn't hit hobbs until the police came to his house later that night and took him away. it's rather amazing isn't it, after being arrested himself the finger pointing and self preservation seem to kick in fairly quick.

Postby Guest » November 14th, 2011, 3:02 pm

This is info from his death Certificate. James Minor MD. filled it out from St. Vincent Hospital in Indianapolis. This is where Ricky died. Then he was cremated @ Dorsey-Feeney Mortuary.[/quote]

Do you have a copy of the death certificate, or know where one is available?[/quote]

since hobbs died in indianapolis, you can get a copy of his death certificate from the marion county board of health 3808 n rural st. i also think you can go online at indy vital stats.com. they're usually a 15 dollar charge. hopefully this will help your search.[/quote]

Thank you. I saw an identical post in the Sylvia Likens Yuku website and was met with the same deafening silence when I asked if the poster had a copy of the death certificate. I was assuming that someone who could quote from it had a copy of it or access to it. Everything I have read about Rick Hobbs states that he died from lung cancer brought on by a regimen of heavy chain smoking.

Topics: 16  Posts: 241  Images: 1  Joined: Feb 11, 2011
Gender: Lady  Age: 27  Country: United States (us)  Location: Texas

Postby mandersdawn » December 2nd, 2011, 9:24 am

Ivy Rose wrote:everyone but Sylvia, Jenny and baby Denny make me sick to my stomach....

I completely agree.

Ricky is definitely one of the scariest perpetrators. He sounds so calm during that interview.

"All I did was write that thing on her stomach and I hit her about 10, 15 times."

ALL he did? Like that wasn't anything???

"Well, mostly cause Gertie told me to."

That is his answer every time they ask him why. I don't buy it... I think he enjoyed it...

"See, we gave her a warm bath and artificial respiration."

This sounds so defensive to me... Like, 'see, what we did wasn't so bad because we were kind enough to do this for her in the end'.

And I very much agree that he was pausing so much because he was trying to think of what to say.

He was one sick guy, I honestly believe that...

And yeah, Gertrude would done a lot better if she would have just kept her mouth shut. Her voice creeps me out almost as much as what she said.

Topics: 28  Posts: 531  Joined: Jan 28, 2011
Gender: Lady  Age: 49  Country: United States (us)  Location: DFW Area

Postby Sharon Rose Black » December 3rd, 2011, 12:02 pm

I've sometimes wondered if Ricky had a bit of a crush on Gertrude, or some other form of attachment to her that wasn't healthy.

Cher, you're absolutely right that they had it easier than what Sylvia suffered. Most people with cancer find somebody to sympathize with them. The only person in that house who felt any compassion towards Sylvia was Jenny, and she wasn't allowed to show it! Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately, I don't know) they're all facing a higher Court now than the one in Indianna. As angry as I get about this case (and others, for that matter), there is solace in the thought that this Court will handle things approprately.
"The wheels of Justice grind very slowly, but they grind very fine."
~Bertha Viola Downer (my grandmother)

Topics: 1  Posts: 15  Joined: Nov 08, 2011

Postby Lorenzo Serón » December 3rd, 2011, 12:39 pm

Sharon Rose Black wrote:I've sometimes wondered if Ricky had a bit of a crush on Gertrude, or some other form of attachment to her that wasn't healthy.

Cher, you're absolutely right that they had it easier than what Sylvia suffered. Most people with cancer find somebody to sympathize with them. The only person in that house who felt any compassion towards Sylvia was Jenny, and she wasn't allowed to show it! Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately, I don't know) they're all facing a higher Court now than the one in Indianna. As angry as I get about this case (and others, for that matter), there is solace in the thought that this Court will handle things approprately.

Probably Ricky was feeling Gertrude as a sister. They were sharing the same vice of smoking and probably they had many things in common. Maybe he found the advices that none of his family gave him (horrible advices certainly)

Postby Chester Arthur » December 27th, 2011, 3:32 am

Iconoclast wrote:Stephanie Baniszewski also believes Gertrude's lies (she is convinced that Sylvia was actually a prostitute) and she clearly isn't a "bad seed."

Allow me to take umbrage with that statement. I don't want to turn this into another Stephanie bashing party but I dispute that she "clearly" isn't a bad seed. I don't know whether she has believed Gertrude's lies or not but Stephanie has lied about her own involvement in this crime so with all due respect, I can't understand how you can make that statement unless you don't believe she's lying. Also, according to John Dean, on the night of October 26th while the police were at the house, John Sr. arrived also and Stephanie approached him crying stating, "I don't want anyone to think I had anything to do with this (murder)". Towards that end, Stephanie sold out her own family just to save her own posterior and since then, she has been trying to convince everyone that she had nothing to do with it. All this makes her a very rotten seed indeed.

Topics: 30  Posts: 861  Images: 4  Joined: Sep 03, 2010

Postby Cathy » December 27th, 2011, 4:49 am

Stephanie Baniszewski also believes Gertrude's lies (she is convinced that Sylvia was actually a prostitute) and she clearly isn't a "bad seed."

I can't help wonder how she was convinced of such a thing as Sylvia being a prostitute with lots of cash on hand when Sylvia was confined to a house where she was beaten, burned,starved, and not allowed to go anywhere not even to school. When did she think Sylvia had time to be a prostitute when she was hungry most of the time, and had no place to go?

And didn't Stephanie testify in court that she once defended Sylvia vehemently when Gertrude accused Sylvia of sleeping with some boy? She said she screamed at her mother, "She didn't do anything!."

Stephanie B. also stated she was assured of Sylvia's salvation after death, because she walked up the aisle at church to get saved when she first went to live with them. I doubt she would have said Sylvia was saved and a Christian if she really believed Sylvia was prostitute.
"Never underestimate the power of human denial."

Postby Chester Arthur » December 27th, 2011, 6:41 am

Cathy wrote:And didn't Stephanie testify in court that she once defended Sylvia vehemently when Gertrude accused Sylvia of sleeping with some boy? She said she screamed at her mother, "She didn't do anything!."

How accurate is this statement? She may have said that in court to show that she was "not like the others" and that she truly cared about Sylvia when all she really cared about was herself so this statement was merely a means to an end, not an end in itself. But you're right in that what she said then is inconsistent with what she's saying now so we can't take anything she says at face value.

Topics: 32  Posts: 589  Images: 2  Joined: Jan 01, 2011

Postby Harlequin » December 27th, 2011, 10:45 am

Stephanie, and her siblings, make these statements out of a lingering resentment for their victim. They blame Sylvia for all of this, and when faced with the anger and disgust they so deserve, they lie through their teeth.

Topics: 48  Posts: 1590  Images: 0  Joined: Jan 02, 2013

Postby adultromance27 » January 21st, 2013, 4:42 pm

i agree, hobbs was a enigma and a oddball kid no doubt.his motive seemed to be trying to please gertrude and fullfill every request she made.hobbs got caught in his own lie saying she came up from the basement and was cold.alot hinges on this part. either sylvia was already dead or near death. she diffinetly didn't walk up those steps. it is enteresting thou, some of hobb's statement seems to coroberate what randy lepper said in his testimony about sylvia moaning and still being alive ( for a very short time) while upstairs. i can't imagine how much pain sylvia was in when hobbs used that needle to carve those writched words on her abdomen. once caught and exposed, they all started the finger pointing and blame game.hobbs was brutal and cruel in his effort to please gertrude.he was only sorry after he got caught.i always wondered when sylvia bit her lower lip to shreads? was it during the branding and tattoing or on the last night?[/quote]

Regarding your last couple sentences, I think she bit her lips to shreds over a period of time, like within the last month that she was alive. I don't think it happened over night, unless the abuse was extremely horrible on her last night alive. If the abuse was beyond horrible in one single night, to the point where nobody would ever want to endure it, then that could be the case.
http://forsylvialikensx.forumotion.com/

^^^ A forum about Sylvia, created by Broommy

Topics: 17  Posts: 129  Joined: Oct 21, 2012

Postby SSLeviathan » January 21st, 2013, 4:57 pm

I wonder if anyone knows about Ricky Hobbs' upbringing was like.

Previous

Return to Sylvia Likens