Likens and Baniszewski family.

Main Posting Area
Forum rules
Please be kind and respectful to one another, the memory of Sylvia, and her family.
We know that what happened to Sylvia can stir up peoples emotions, but please try to refrain from using foul language. Young people do read these forums.

Topics: 1  Posts: 3  Joined: Nov 18, 2010

Likens and Baniszewski family.

Postby chiefs » November 19th, 2010, 9:34 pm

how i yearn for the day people like me and others interested in this case can have an open forum with family members that were involved in this case…..i feel it would be a great soothing session if we can all just have a civilized conversation to all get more info and all help each other. It will never happen but it would be nice.....its a shame more members of the family dont get into conversations we have......i have read Stephanie used to be in conversations but people got so intimidating she stopped posting which in my opinion is a shame cause now we silenced a voice that knew more info then we can ever hope to know which is sad.

Topics: 40  Posts: 522  Images: 18  Joined: Aug 21, 2010
Gender: Gentleman  Age: 49  Country: United States (us)  Location: Springfield, Il.

Re: Likens and Baniszewski family.

Postby Fungi » November 20th, 2010, 3:24 am

The only information that Stephanie offered was that she and her then boyfriend were completely innocent of any wrongdoing. Not sure what valuable information can be achieved by that. You'd get more truthful information about the case if you talked to a rock.

Topics: 19  Posts: 995  Joined: Aug 30, 2010

Postby Chester Arthur » November 20th, 2010, 9:54 am

What's even more tragic is that many people seem to believe her. And many times those same people claim to be honoring Sylvia. At any rate, I know we've discussed this before on other forums and it would be belaboring the point to discuss it further. But as Fungi said, Stephanie is not a reliable source of information about this case and, from what I've been able to gather, neither are her "twisted sisters" so there's no point in talking to her.
My heart will always cherish
that cheerful happy sound
and my love will never perish
for my faithful basset hound!

Topics: 12  Posts: 337  Joined: Nov 03, 2010

Postby moelhugo » November 20th, 2010, 4:05 pm

Hey, Sweden here again. Do anyone know where Stephanies 2 younger sisters are theese days?

Postby Chester Arthur » November 20th, 2010, 6:23 pm

moelhugo wrote:Hey, Sweden here again. Do anyone know where Stephanies 2 younger sisters are theese days?

Hey Dor Sweden!

I don't know where they are but I recently heard that Marie overcame cancer 2 years ago. She had a myspace account but since she apparently is not computer literate she seldom ever used it. I looked for it once and couldn't find it so it's either been deleted or under another name. I haven't heard anything about Shirley.

Topics: 45  Posts: 608  Joined: Aug 28, 2010

Postby broommy » November 21st, 2010, 3:20 pm

You can only have a civilized conversation with civilized people and lying murderers don't fit the criteria. Why are we having this conversation again?
"I cant hear a word these people are saying cause the voice of Sylvia Likens cries out to both god and man."
http://forsylvialikensx.forumotion.com/

Postby Chester Arthur » November 22nd, 2010, 3:31 am

All I know, Broommy, is that once again, our side isn't the one who brought it up. Let's just hope that it doesn't escalate further.

Topics: 1  Posts: 4  Joined: Nov 21, 2010

Postby malignaggi » November 22nd, 2010, 7:24 pm

This has happened?

Topics: 1  Posts: 3  Joined: Nov 18, 2010

Postby chiefs » November 22nd, 2010, 7:26 pm

I am very sorry all i am somewhat new to the whole forum and message board stuff as i was not aware they had been on some boards denying involvement. Not a troll at all.

Postby Chester Arthur » November 23rd, 2010, 3:54 am

Yes it has happened but not on this forum. We didn't mean you, Chiefs, when we brought up the issue of trolls but that has also happened before.

Topics: 1  Posts: 5  Joined: Dec 24, 2010

Postby neice » December 24th, 2010, 12:28 pm

OK, here is a reply from a VERY close family member.....

We won't reply. The details are for us to know about. There are books, movies, and alot of other information out there that we refuse to comment on. Why would we want to put factual data out there for greedy people to reep the benefits from. We are talking about my AUNT, the tragedy, in of itself, is enough to know. I haven't read any of these forums or do I care to, but don't believe any of the details that is put out there regarding the details. Just know my AUNT was brutally tortured, the people that did it have to deal with the judgement of God, and us, the family are saddened by it everyday. My mom was the speaker at the park when they had the memorial dedication. I think if you watch the news coverage from it, you will see the deep pain we are all STILL going through. My AUNT was taken from us, but she is with God. That is the real issue here. The details obviously do not matter, because of the final outcome in all the trials. The important thing is Aunt Sylvia is with God, and those who did this to her, we can only hope, found him........

Thanks to all of you who keep her life and tragic death alive. We truly appreciate all the POSITIVE that comes from websites and forums such as these. God Bless.

I love you Auntie,

Nephew

Likens Family

Topics: 9  Posts: 405  Images: 1  Joined: Oct 09, 2010

Postby aliveNChristgal220 » December 25th, 2010, 6:42 pm

Awww. That's a wonderful letter. I would love to meet this person, but I don't want to bring the family any pain just cause I would like to know more:(

Topics: 40  Posts: 522  Images: 18  Joined: Aug 21, 2010
Gender: Gentleman  Age: 49  Country: United States (us)  Location: Springfield, Il.

Postby Fungi » December 25th, 2010, 7:54 pm

Thanks for your response Nephew. It's nice to hear from someone from the Likens family for a change. I too would like to hear more about your family. Not about what eventually happened, but more from the perspective about what Sylvia's and Jenny's life was like before the Baniszewski's. However, I completely understand the silence that the Likens family has had reguarding Sylvia on any websites or any other media outlets.

May God bless you and the entire Likens family, and keep you all in his heart.

Postby Chester Arthur » December 28th, 2010, 8:28 am

Nephew wrote:OK, here is a reply from a VERY close family member.....

We won't reply. The details are for us to know about. There are books, movies, and alot of other information out there that we refuse to comment on. Why would we want to put factual data out there for greedy people to reep the benefits from. We are talking about my AUNT, the tragedy, in of itself, is enough to know. I haven't read any of these forums or do I care to, but don't believe any of the details that is put out there regarding the details. Just know my AUNT was brutally tortured, the people that did it have to deal with the judgement of God, and us, the family are saddened by it everyday. My mom was the speaker at the park when they had the memorial dedication. I think if you watch the news coverage from it, you will see the deep pain we are all STILL going through. My AUNT was taken from us, but she is with God. That is the real issue here. The details obviously do not matter, because of the final outcome in all the trials. The important thing is Aunt Sylvia is with God, and those who did this to her, we can only hope, found him........

Thanks to all of you who keep her life and tragic death alive. We truly appreciate all the POSITIVE that comes from websites and forums such as these. God Bless.

I love you Auntie,

Nephew

Likens Family

Is your mom Dianna? If she is, then are you Robert? We have exchanged messages on the Sundance Board. If you are Robert, then I am very glad to meet you and to say welcome to this board.

But I must touch on a few issues you have brought up. First of all, I am sorry to hear that books and films about Sylvia have caused your family so much anguish. It can never be easy to relive all those incidences again. But it is these films and books that keep what happened to your aunt in the spotlight and ensure that she will never be forgotten. If you have visited - and if you haven't then I recommend you do so - a facebook site created by fellow member Abbi and read some old posts from other members then you will see that many people claim that they first heard about Sylvia by watching An American Crime and The Girl Next Door. Therefore, my dear fellow, do you not agree that this is a good thing? As for any pecuniary remunerations to you and your family, I agree you should have received something from the proceeds and royalties of these books and films but many times laws can be unfair and you all may have falled victim to just such an injustice.

At any rate, I sincerely hope you and your family had a very Merry Christmas and that you have a Joyous New Year and please say hello to your mom from all of us who love her and pray for her.

abbu

Postby abbu » December 29th, 2010, 1:42 pm

There's a member of the Yuku board named Patti; she made the infamous "hating people you don't even know" remark. Well, apparently, Shirley was once in a relationship with her daughter. She stayed at Patti's house, and was caught making a phone call to the Indiana Women's Prison. When Patti questioned her, Shirley (or "Anna", as she was calling herself - I think), admitted to being Gertrude Baniszewski's daughter. She then left Patti's home, never to be heard of again. Make from that what you will.

@Nephew - It's lovely to have you here!

Postby Chester Arthur » December 29th, 2010, 2:33 pm

@Nephew. My dear fellow, to be completely honest with you, I have grave doubts that the people involved in this crime have indeed found God, save for John Blake. Having read some of what they have stated in the past, they try to manipulate people's belief in God so as to try to control what they think. When they make comments such as "May God forgive them for spreading those lies" and "You shouldn't judge us" and things like that, they are merely trying to take the focus off what they did. But you are right; God has, and will, judge them and if they have not truly repented, I don't envy them.

Postby pattikrieg » January 21st, 2011, 10:37 am

abbu, you need to go back and read what I wrote about Annie (as I call her), as far as Annie being in a relationship with my daughter, you crack me up, my daughter is now 26 years old, she wasnt even born back then. (1982) Annie didnt live at my house, I said that she stayed there alot with a friend of mine. Annie was not caught making phone calls to the womens prison, someone was calling her from the womens prison. Before you repeat what other people say, you should get your story straight. As far as my infamous remark "hating people you dont even know", the way I see that is you should hate the deed that the person has done but not the person themselfs, I havent walked in their shoes, so therefore its hard for me hate them, its just something I have learned from reading my Bible. Sorry if that offends you. Sylvia's story has affected my life in many ways and I love her, and just because I have wanted to talk to some of the Baniszewski's does not in anyway detour my heart for Sylvia. Not only have I wanted to talk to the Baniszewski's but I have wanted to talk to some of the family members of the Likens. I got to meet Dianna afew years ago and I can say that she is one of the nicest people I have ever got to meet (with a very big heart) and I got to learn alot about Sylvia's life before she lived with the Baniszewski's. Dianna knows what is in my heart for Sylvia and that matters to me more than what people on these boards do. God bless you abbu!
pattikrieg

Postby Chester Arthur » January 21st, 2011, 3:15 pm

pattikrieg wrote:abbu, you need to go back and read what I wrote about Annie (as I call her), as far as Annie being in a relationship with my daughter, you crack me up, my daughter is now 26 years old, she wasnt even born back then. (1982) Annie didnt live at my house, I said that she stayed there alot with a friend of mine. Annie was not caught making phone calls to the womens prison, someone was calling her from the womens prison. Before you repeat what other people say, you should get your story straight. As far as my infamous remark "hating people you dont even know", the way I see that is you should hate the deed that the person has done but not the person themselfs, I havent walked in their shoes, so therefore its hard for me hate them, its just something I have learned from reading my Bible. Sorry if that offends you. Sylvia's story has affected my life in many ways and I love her, and just because I have wanted to talk to some of the Baniszewski's does not in anyway detour my heart for Sylvia. Not only have I wanted to talk to the Baniszewski's but I have wanted to talk to some of the family members of the Likens. I got to meet Dianna afew years ago and I can say that she is one of the nicest people I have ever got to meet (with a very big heart) and I got to learn alot about Sylvia's life before she lived with the Baniszewski's. Dianna knows what is in my heart for Sylvia and that matters to me more than what people on these boards do. God bless you abbu!

Actually, Patti, if your daughter was born in 1982, she's 28 now but still too young to know the people involved. As for hating, I keep hearing that and at the risk of being redundant, I just want to state for the record, since there are many people on this board who are not members of Yuku and have not read the previous posts on that forum regarding this issue, that I have never once stated that I hate the people involved and I do not hate them but to dispute their version of events and tell them that they are not telling the truth is in no way tantamount to saying, "I hate them". And it not being judgmental to say that the perpetrators of this crime should have been punished more severely. However, if we're going to state that we shouldn't judge anyone, that should also be extended to those who may feel hate towards the Baniszewskis. There may be some people on this board who have lost a loved one to a violent crime and they still have not forgiven this person. Neither have we walked in their shoes. And how would we feel if we had?

Postby pattikrieg » January 23rd, 2011, 1:05 am

Chester, my daughter was born in 1984, 1982 is when I knew Annie.
pattikrieg

Postby Chester Arthur » January 23rd, 2011, 5:12 am

pattikrieg wrote:Chester, my daughter was born in 1984, 1982 is when I knew Annie.

My apologies. I got confused when that year appeared after you were talking about how your daughter wasn't born then.

Topics: 47  Posts: 1574  Images: 0  Joined: Jan 02, 2013

Postby adultromance27 » February 1st, 2013, 2:31 pm

pattikrieg wrote:abbu, you need to go back and read what I wrote about Annie (as I call her), as far as Annie being in a relationship with my daughter, you crack me up, my daughter is now 26 years old, she wasnt even born back then. (1982) Annie didnt live at my house, I said that she stayed there alot with a friend of mine. Annie was not caught making phone calls to the womens prison, someone was calling her from the womens prison. Before you repeat what other people say, you should get your story straight. As far as my infamous remark "hating people you dont even know", the way I see that is you should hate the deed that the person has done but not the person themselfs, I havent walked in their shoes, so therefore its hard for me hate them, its just something I have learned from reading my Bible. Sorry if that offends you. Sylvia's story has affected my life in many ways and I love her, and just because I have wanted to talk to some of the Baniszewski's does not in anyway detour my heart for Sylvia. Not only have I wanted to talk to the Baniszewski's but I have wanted to talk to some of the family members of the Likens. I got to meet Dianna afew years ago and I can say that she is one of the nicest people I have ever got to meet (with a very big heart) and I got to learn alot about Sylvia's life before she lived with the Baniszewski's. Dianna knows what is in my heart for Sylvia and that matters to me more than what people on these boards do. God bless you abbu!

I read that too. I honestly didn't know what to think of it a lot of the comments that I read on there. I believe what Patti wrote, but as for anyone else, I wasn't really sure if they were telling the truth. I'm not saying they were or weren't, I'm just saying I'm not sure.
http://forsylvialikensx.forumotion.com/

^^^ A forum about Sylvia, created by Broommy

Return to Sylvia Likens