Upcoming Book by Forrest Bowman

Main Posting Area
Forum rules
Please be kind and respectful to one another, the memory of Sylvia, and her family.
We know that what happened to Sylvia can stir up peoples emotions, but please try to refrain from using foul language. Young people do read these forums.

Topics: 71  Posts: 1020  Images: 242  Joined: Mar 06, 2011
Gender: Gentleman  Age: 55  Country: United States (us)  Location: indianapois ind.

Upcoming Book by Forrest Bowman

Postby mrdg1 » October 4th, 2013, 9:04 pm

While attending a book signing at a eastside library, it was announce that Forrest Bowman has a upcoming book on his experience and part at the 1966 murder trial of Sylvia Likens. As most everyone knows, Bowman was the defense attorney for John Baniszewski Jr. and Coy Hubbard. This should be a interesting and must read. When a release date is issued, I'll post the date and where this book will be available.

Topics: 20  Posts: 185  Joined: Feb 18, 2013

Re: Upcoming Book by Forrest Bowman

Postby DianaIsabel » October 4th, 2013, 9:21 pm

Thanks for sharing. I can't wAit to read it
"It's when things seem worse that you must not quit."

Topics: 8  Posts: 187  Images: 1  Joined: Mar 11, 2012

Postby Fade to Black » October 4th, 2013, 10:43 pm

Very Interesting News, the more new info (as long as its true) about this case, the better. Thanks for the update mrdg1.

Topics: 8  Posts: 66  Joined: Aug 01, 2013
Gender: Gentleman  Age: 16  Country: United States (us)  Location: La Puente, CA

Postby AleCort97 » October 4th, 2013, 10:44 pm

I know what book I am getting next, then!
I have only one goal in life. To help others no matter what situation I may be going through.

Topics: 3  Posts: 251  Images: 2  Joined: Jun 08, 2012

Postby cherbird » October 5th, 2013, 12:18 pm

I wonder if he decided to write this after Paula was exposed in Iowa.
You have no idea what it's like living inside my head.

Topics: 8  Posts: 187  Images: 1  Joined: Mar 11, 2012

Postby Fade to Black » October 5th, 2013, 1:56 pm

Grace wrote:I wonder if he decided to write this after Paula was exposed in Iowa.

Funnily enough i thought the same thing, he must of been suprised that the case is still making news nearly 50 years later, so now he has a shot since he was involved in the trial. I could be wrong though.

Topics: 48  Posts: 1590  Images: 0  Joined: Jan 02, 2013

Postby adultromance27 » October 5th, 2013, 3:10 pm

I'd like to read it too.
http://forsylvialikensx.forumotion.com/

^^^ A forum about Sylvia, created by Broommy

Gender: Gentleman  Age: 55  Country: United States (us)  Location: indianapois ind.

Postby mrdg1 » October 5th, 2013, 10:25 pm

Grace wrote:I wonder if he decided to write this when Paula was exposed in Iowa.

I'd say after all these years, the timing of this upcoming book is more than a coincidence. Paula being exposed brought the case back into the public's attention. It would also make sense that a publishing company would be more receptive to a book" such as this", since the Paula scandal got national media coverage. Afterall, John Dean's book (House of Evil the second edition) was republished when the movie AN American Crime came out.

Mal

Heart of Generosity

Topics: 61  Posts: 272  Joined: Apr 01, 2013
Gender: Lady  Age: 21  Country: United States (us)  Location: United States

Postby Mal » October 13th, 2013, 3:31 am

How interesting. Thanks for the info!

Postby mrdg1 » October 16th, 2013, 9:04 pm

I briefly talk to Kathleen Saturday evening as to when Bowman's book might be released. She stated he was just about to finish writing the last chapter of his book. The ETA being on the market is probably the first part of 2014. Currently He's finishing a case settling some sort of Land disputement. It's amazing at his age he's still practicing Law. Forrest Bowman's son is a practicing Lawyer as well in a firm they have in downtown Indlps.

Mal

Heart of Generosity

Topics: 61  Posts: 272  Joined: Apr 01, 2013
Gender: Lady  Age: 21  Country: United States (us)  Location: United States

Postby Mal » October 17th, 2013, 1:38 pm

Maybe he'll have some dirt on gertie. Maybe we'll find out some info that has not been released before. The curiosity.

Topics: 30  Posts: 861  Images: 4  Joined: Sep 03, 2010

Postby Cathy » October 17th, 2013, 11:17 pm

I will read his book when it comes out. He did look very well in that Deadly Women's series that came out awhile ago. It should be a very interesting read. I hope he writes about conversations that he and Johnny B. had, otherwise we will be just reading what we already know.
"Never underestimate the power of human denial."

Topics: 3  Posts: 12  Joined: Oct 18, 2013

Postby allies_dad » October 20th, 2013, 3:22 pm

Postby mrdg1 » October 20th, 2013, 10:46 pm

Let me try to clear up a little confusion about Forrest Bowman's book. Yes, Bowman currently has a book on the market which was released in 2012 titled ( A Patriot's Peril). That book is a novel. He had a book signing back in September at Bookmammas of which I couldn't attend. However, I was at another book signing at the Spades Park library on October 1st. That's where Kathleen ( owner of Bookmammas) announced Bowman's upcoming book on the 1966 Sylvia Likens trial. Forrest Bowman along with 3 other local authors are scheduled to be at the next authors fair on Nov.14th. at the Irvington library. These events are twofold. The authors are there to discuss and answer questions on their current books of which they sell and personally sign at these events. They also use the occassion as a platform to bring attention on upcoming books they may have in the process of being published. I learned something pretty interesting at last book signing I attended. The author of a book usually doesn't have the final decision on what the Book's title will be after it has been submitted and accepted by the given Publishing company. The publishing company always has the right to change a books title before it's published. I hope this clarifies any confusion those might have pertaining to Bowman's upcoming book. As of now, Forrest Bowman is in the final stages of completing his book, per Kathleen, the owner of Bookmammas. She helps promote many local writers in the Indianapolis area.

Return to Sylvia Likens